Saturday, May 28, 2011

Orvis Shop - Bridgeport Village - Here I come!!!

Being a fly fishing guide in the Portland, Oregon area can be a challenge to survive comfortably at times without any other form of work to back up certain times. You have many variables from the weather to the economy to contend with; along with the ever so rising fuel prices. Recently, I was fortunate enough to have Adam McNamara, Fly Fishing Manager of Orvis at Bridgeport Village, call me up to come by and check out the shop. He was super kind to me, and wanted to see if I was interested in a position at the shop after we met and spoke for a while. After an interview with store manager Heidi Adcock, I was super stoked to have her offer me a position. I will be starting employment there on Wednesday June 1st, and I will be doing customer service on the floor retail, teaching classes, and whatever else it takes to make a fly shop work to the highest potential possible. So now you can find Brian Marz either out on the river guiding or fishing for fun, or at the Orvis shop in Bridgeport Village.

Bridgeport Orvis Shop - 7495 SW Bridgeport Road, Tigard, OR 97224

The Address and Phone Number is:
Orvis
Bridgeport Village
7495 SW Bridgeport Road
Tigard, OR 97224
Phone: 503-598-7680


Store Hours:
Monday thru Friday
10:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Saturday
10:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Sunday
12:00 PM - 5:00 PM


I hope to see all of the "regulars" who used to frequent Kaufmann's. I also look forward to meeting a ton of new anglers/fly fishers who I never saw come into Kaufmann's. If you come by, you will see a wonderful shop with tons of potential to be the best in the Portland Metro Area (still new! Opened November 18th) with a wonderful stock of awesome products. I know I was totally impressed by the Helios Fly Rods and the Orvis Switch Lines. The BEST SWITCH FLY LINE MADE ON THE MARKET NOW!

Come by and say hello! I would be totally stoked to see you at Orvis at Bridgeport Village!

1 comment: