Thursday, May 26, 2011

Deschutes Fly Pattern That Works Well - The Chernobyl Chubby Norm

Chubby Chernobyl Norm Fly Pattern


The Chernobyl Chubby Norm is an excellent fly pattern that gets rave reviews amongst Deschutes Anglers all over. It can be fished alone or with your favorite beadhead nymph dropped off of it. With the higher than average water flows this season it is a great choice to fish this fly. You can see it very easily and it leaves a big bold impression on the high water, but when the trout approaches, it sees a subtle understated golden stone with lots of movement and action.

Recipe For the Chernobyl Chubby Norm:
Thread - Flymaster +Plus+ (140 Denier)
Hook - Spear-It S300 Hooks
Body - Foam - Fly Foam (2mm) Dubbing - Mottled Nymph Blend
Wing - Calf Tail
Legs - Dancing Leggs
Tail - Crystal Splash






I know I am fired up to fish the Chubby Chernobyl Norm when I hit the Deschutes up. I am looking forward to see how it compares to favorites of mine like the Norm Wood's Special or the Clark's Stone.

Some favorite stonefly patterns tied for the Deschutes
Don't forget that I am also able to do FLY TYING INSTRUCTION, and I can teach fly tying classes on a private basis or a group basis. If you are interested in getting together to tie up some Chubby Chernobyl Norms or some other patterns you may be curious about then contact me.

No comments:

Post a Comment