Monday, November 5, 2012

Some Pics of The Fall Fishing - Late Oct - Early Nov

I have been really busy guiding this fall, and working at Orvis on my non guiding days more or less. Keeping up with the blog postings has been a challenge with the combination of lots of other "work" to take care of, but I will have more time coming up to get some material back into the "bloggersphere". With lots of rain recently, I had to cancel a few trips, and ended up having some time to fish a little. I also went to do some salmon fishing and mushroom hunting with Nikki on my time after my guided trips. We had some fun fishing and scored on the King Boletes (mushrooms) too. I wanted to share some photos from the last couple of weeks; so I hope you will enjoy them!
Sea Run Cutthroat took this trout bead while angling for Chinook Salmon

Another Sea Run Cutty that could not resist the "Trout Bead" while salmon fishing

Angler in the battle with a really large cutthroat on the upper Willamette River

The reason why you lose some strong fresh fall Chinook salmon at tidewater pools

Now Nikki can add fall Chinook Salmon to her resume of fish caught on a fly rod.

A fine snow bellied fall Chinook Salmon - note the sea lice near my right hand

Nothing is better than catching salmon like this right from the salt......

These salmon had guts and gullets full of these baitfish

Another fine catch while we were salmon fishing - King Boletes

Napping & Feeling lazy in the gorgeous sunshine

Clouser Minnows tied with chartreuse & white or chartreuse & baby blue were the hot ticket for these fall Chinook 

No comments:

Post a Comment