Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Winter Steelhead Outing with Friend - Picture Heavy

This past Tuesday (3/24) I went out fishing with a good buddy who I haven't gotten to spend much time with this winter. Normally we get out a lot for winter steelhead, but this season he had been a lot busier than normal when I had my days off. My friend was the lucky hot hand out there for fish eating his fly on this day out. Since my wife and I got a new DSLR camera, I have been stoked to take lots of pictures when I am out fishing. Nonetheless here is a photo essay of the day out there.
Spanning the water....
Fish on! ...........Oh.....false alarm, but it is a fish; just not the targeted species.
A cute little Cutthroat trout incidentally caught on a large steelhead tube fly.
A couple of casts later and the intended target species is on!
Preparing for landing mode.....
Brian tailed the fish on the first solid attempt. Nice work!
Another fine winter steelhead that fell for the black and blue color combo.....
Adios Amigo! Back to finish your mission in the river....
The mossy Pacific Northwest & two handed fly fishing for steelhead is a perfect marriage.
Had to represent the lush greenery that exists in late March along coast rivers in Oregon
Working the water.....
Mr. Morris patiently focusing on his swing while he waits for "the tug"......
Watch the "white mouse" run as you sweep your line. When it stops, your D-loop will be there ready for the delivery stroke.
Spanning the run, cast by cast, swing by swing.....
Setting up the anchor on a two handed cast
The delivery....
While I was fishing lower in this spot, Brian comes running downstream from the pool above with a fish on.
Black and blue bunny tube catches another one for my friend Brian!
Keep em wet......

Swinging up nice native winter steelhead in late March always brings big grins to anglers.

No comments:

Post a Comment